Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Day 6 - Cotswold Villages



A previous post was all about windows,
but this one is all about doorways and doors!
We were hoping to make it to the lavender fields,
but got lost exploring Chipping Camden and
Stow-on-the-Wold.

But there is no smell like all the lavender products here in England.





 Stopped for a cappuccino down this little alleyway
















Can't go to England and not get one of these shots...





Saw this bike and totally thought of Maria!! 











This is a doorway I have seen show up on my Instagram feed for about 2 years.  Everyone seems to go find it when they are at the Cotswolds.  I have always loved this door as it reminds me of some medieval fortress/doorway to a magical world - "Lord of the Rings feeling" kind of thing.
I was thrilled when we found it too!
I was so happy. 
And we discovered that, though it doesn't lead to a magical world,
it does lead you into a beautiful, medieval church.




In a little silver shop down this alley, Danny bought me a
beautiful, silver bracelet that I will cherish forever.





This picture is taken from the yard of the cottage we are staying at.


This is the cottage from one view


No comments:

Post a Comment