Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Day 21 - Last Day touring Ireland



On our last day, we toured the palace and gardens at Powerscourt Estate.  
Their gardens are rated the third best in the world!
We could see why.

After being there, we also discovered that the Count of Monte Cristo's 
famous scenes where they buy a palace and the Count arrives in a balloon
at a party were filmed in these gardens!

If you have seen the movie, I took this picture from the exact place that
they pulled up the wagon full of gold and jewels and told the owner of the house that they were there
to "buy their lovely home." 



This was one of my favorite places on the trip -
the trails were gorgeous, the trees were huge and beautiful,
and even with tourists there it was so peaceful.



Ended the day in their cafe with what I think was our last cappuccino in Europe!




Most beautiful sight of each day haha






This has to be one of my top 10 pictures of Europe, and top 5 places on earth.
I never wanted to leave the meadows and woods.







Rows of roses







This section was a Japanese Garden and it was stunning!









Dan the man enjoying a bite of his cheesecake




Just leave me here for eternity





This was, I believe, our last pint in Europe too.







You have to spot the people to understand the massive size of the trees








A blaze of purple












No comments:

Post a Comment