Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Why I love/hate Pinterest 




When I was a mom with children still at home and made special meals or planned special projects, like planning a birthday party (which was one of the greatest joys I had) or planned special crafts for homeschooling, I was left to my own very limited creativity, or the ideas in the Family Fun magazine I subscribed to.  It took a lot of research, and to be honest, most were lacking in creativity.  But I didn't think so at the time.  I thought I was amazing! haha  

Then along comes Pinterest.  Which confirmed even more my pitiful attempts at making fun and meaningful and memorable traditions and crafts.

I made hot chocolate for the kids in a crockpot and was so proud of myself that there was a warm, sweet, chocolatey hot drink available for hours.  The smell would fill the kitchen, and I would put out my best Christmas mugs and a can of whipped topping. It was messy, hot chocolate was always spilled on the counter, and though it was tasty, it always looked something like this:








Then the "Age of Pinterest" begins.  Today's moms are creating "hot chocolate corners with cute, trendy decorations and looking pinterest worthy all while only spending dollars at Target!"




Don't get me wrong.  I am a HUGE fan of pinterest and all the ideas it gives today's mom.  I just wish that it had been around when my kids were little.  Oh the birthday themes I could have planned then!!  And the hot chocolate stations and creative chore boards and craft ideas and fun recipes with snacks shaped like elephants and time capsules, etc!  haha

Hoping and praying I get to use these new ideas as a grandma someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment