Sunday, November 11, 2018

Night in LaJolla


Feel a little guilty having an enjoyable weekend while the California fires are taking homes and lives, but some of this was planned before the current natural catastrophe started.  So sad about all the fires burning here now - turns out they have  been the most destructive forest fires in CA history - and I remember when I was a kid watching my dad leave for weeks to fight fires in CA.  It is a sober reminder that what we have today can be gone in the blink of an eye.  

Anyway, UTC Mall in LaJolla has been majorly renovated recently and is now almost like a different version of Disney Springs!  Restaurants, music in the bushes, beautiful shops, coffee bars and lit up trees everywhere, it is just so beautiful!








Went into a bar called "Raised by Wolves" which has the most unique bar entrance I have ever seen.  You walk into a lobby and wait your turn to be granted access - which happens only after you sit in one of two chairs in front of a fireplace, which then spins full circle into a secret bar that is incredible!  I didn't go in personally but will at some point!  






Seeing an Amazon bookstore was a first for me!  I knew they existed (I think haha) but seeing one was a surprise!  I do miss the old bookstores still though...



Had an amazing dinner here outside



No comments:

Post a Comment