Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Trip to the mall with my "extremely gorgeous" daughter




Police shut down I-270 in search of bank robbers




Not news one wants to hear on the radio as you are traveling down 270. Especially when you realize it is too late to get off the nearest exit and avoid the holdup. 


This is what happened to Hannah and I today as we ventured to the mall.  As Danny was on the phone telling me that we could be stuck for quite some time, I could feel my face flush and heart start to pound.  The beginnings of a full-blow panic attack.

So, I followed what some other cars were doing, pulled into the shoulder, and backed up about a quarter mile to get back to the exit.  I cannot tell you how relieved I was.
Police cars were everywhere, helicopters were flying overhead, and I just wanted to get out of there and not be sitting there feeling claustrophobic for who knows how long.

Danny said "The worst that could happen honey is that you have to pee!"  If ONLY that was the worst.  I pictured us sitting there having to pee, starving, and feeling trapped for hours.  Pure torture for this claustrophobic mom.

We moved on and made it to the mall via back roads.  I was so relieved.



Shopping with Hannah was never so much fun!


Hannah got solicited by one of those model searches - this man came up and told me I had an extremely gorgeous daughter!  Yes I totally agreed with him!  But I said no thanks to her coming in for a shoot.



We finished up shopping, grabbed a salad and came home.  A fun outing with my super-fun-and-oh-so-extremely-gorgeous-daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment