Sunday, August 4, 2013

Muir Woods

Friday (wow the trip is flying by) we went to Muir Woods - my absolute favorite part of the trip so far.  I think I like it so much because it is so peaceful, you feel God's presence in nature, and it reminds me of the woods of California that I grew up in.  

 First we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge



 and then took a quick detour into Sausalito to see the houseboats.



The beautiful entrance into the woods.







I know I took far too many pictures, but everywhere you looked was another scene of breathless beauty...




I am so sad this picture is blurry... Ryan never lets me take a picture of him, so I snuck this one while he wasn't looking, and it was my only chance.  But blurry or not, it still reminds me of the sweet moments I had with Ryan sitting on this bench for about 45 minutes just taking in the views, listening to the sounds of a stream running by, and wondering when the others would return.  Sitting there with Ryan will always be one of my favorite memories.  We both felt like we just wanted to literally live in these woods.






Danny, Hannah and Jacob returned to us after they took a longer hike on the trail.  Here they are taking a little rest.



Don't you feel like you could just follow this trail all the way to heaven?  We all agreed that this place is a small taste of what heaven must be like.  Perfect temperature, no bugs, beautiful nature, peaceful, and most of all filled with the glory of God's creativity in making a world we can enjoy.  (even if that is just a little section of the world in northern California!! haha)



And guess who created this beauty?  Ryan strikes again.  Boredom brings out his inner engineer.



This is a meal that Danny threw together after walking down to the local markets and getting some fresh ingredients.  YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment