Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Better late than never. The rest of California.


Faithful Dad, always walked over to Starbucks in the morning to get coffee at the Presidio. 



 The house we rented.  Sweet sweet memories...



Gorgeous drive from San Francisco up to Lake Tahoe.



We stopped in at the place I once lived as a child.  It was indescribable to go back to where you were as a child and see it now...


  
The house where I have many childhood memories.




We rushed out of town to make it through the Sonora Pass up to Lake Tahoe before they could possibly close the road due to a forest fire, which we saw on the way up the pass.





Funnest thing we did on the trip - river rafting five miles down the most peaceful, serene, beautiful river bends that exist.  You could see meadows, wildlife, and a few rapids as well.






The rare, California yellow watermelon. Delicious!!!!


  
And here we have Lake Tahoe.  Probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen or will ever see in my life.  



Water so clear, it just seemed unreal.




Took a two hour lunch cruise around the lake.  I never wanted to get off that boat.





See how Danny just fits this lifestyle???




Beautiful, beautiful Hannah...





Here is the lunch, with a view of the lake and mountains behind.  Like I said, just gorgeous.



Heading to the airport... sigh... I truly truly truly did NOT want to leave this place.  My life's goal is now to get back there!!



Had to throw this one in.  Indy cuddling with Jacob...



And then falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment