Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ryan's 13th Birthday - Totally Harry Potter!

RYAN TURNED 13!!!   I now have three teenagers and one adult child!  I absolutely cannot believe this day has come!!!  Ryan still seems like my little boy in so many ways, I just cannot fathom he is my baby.  Don't get me started...

This year we surprised him with a Harry Potter Birthday - it was SO MUCH FUN!!  Hannah worked so hard making the best cake she has ever made, and we had the place decorated so that when you walked into the dining area, you really felt like you stepped into Hogwarts.  It was truly magical.



The sorting hat that Hannah made as part of the cake - isn't it PERFECT?




Our Honeydukes section



Our Potions section of the room


Crystallized pineapple for Slughorn!! haha



We had so much fun finding bottles, making labels and filling them with nasty looking stuff to look like  ingredients you would use in a potion.







World's Best Harry Potter Cake!!  Briefcase with book and sorting hat!!




We even wrapped the gifts in Hogwarts fashion.



And what's a Harry Potter day without Butterbeer??



Or Cauldron Cakes?!?




Ryan we had so much fun celebrating your special day!  I am glad you were surprised, and I hope you were blessed.  You have no idea how much you are loved in this family.  You are such a special boy - the love you have for Indy is so precious, and your sense of humor is getting funnier and funnier as you get older.  I have truly enjoyed all our moments together - and I will always cherish our time in New York this year.  I really want to go back with you again someday, you are so much fun to be with!  I love you more than you will ever know, even if I spent every day trying to show you, I would never be able to show you truly how much I love you.  I thank God for you every day - you are his special gift to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment