Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Hannah...

This year Hannah finished up Biology with Mrs. Ellis, and as I went to pick her up, I realized that this would be the very last time I would ever pick up one of my kids from her house, and I have been doing it for more than ten years!  She is no longer teaching out of her home, and yet another "tradition" or "era" has passed.  I will never ever forget all the trips over there to pick up my kids from Science Class... such sweet memories.  I know there are a lot of moms who would rejoice at being done with  one more carpool, but not this mom.  It just makes me all sentimental.



Here she comes, for the last time...  




She also finished out her year with an art show at Starbucks on the last day of art class!  It was fun to go get a cup of coffee, sip on it and browse through everyone's art, including Hannah's.  


Notice the picture with the blue frame around it - one of my favorites - the self-portrait that she did as an assignment, one that she literally whipped out in a few hours.  She is an amazingly talented young artist.  I can't wait to see where the future leads her.



Since Hannah does so much art, and will be taking college level art next year (and getting started on it this summer) we set up an art studio for her upstairs in a spare room.  It actually makes a great art studio.  If you can ignore the stink bugs.  I am hoping we can get on top of that issue SOON...


No comments:

Post a Comment