Thursday, May 30, 2013

Jacob's Internship on Capitol Hill


Jacob was truly blessed this year with the most incredible internship I have ever heard of.  I mean the MOST amazing one there could ever be!  He got the RARE opportunity to shadow the Chief of Staff for Arizona's Congressman Trent Franks for one week.  Every day he got to do something different, including going through the underground tunnels connecting the Capitol Building to other government office buildings, sitting in on classified meetings, attending hearings, going into a  studio to see how filming happens, attending a Tea Party, seeing famous politicians, I am sure that I am forgetting lots of things.  It was just  an incredible experience for him, beyond anything we could have hoped for.



Inside of the Capitol Building



Attending a briefing (I believe)


Watching film crews outside the Capitol




The hearing room, where C-Span was filming everything






The filming studio


Congressman Trent Franks  (whom Jacob grew to admire tremendously)



Randy Kutz, the man who spent the whole week with Jacob, showing him his job.



Jacob getting ready in the morning - suit and tie required every day.



And last but not least, THIS picture truly represents Jacob's junior year.  Rushing out the door with a chocolate carnation instant breakfast drink in one hand and a binder in the other (well, usually it was a backpack...)  The year FLEW by, and I cannot believe I now have a senior.  Yes, I am bracing myself. Takes lots of prayer and relying on God every moment to stop myself being sentimental about every little thing.  I am not always successful...but I know that God will help sustain me through each and every step.  I just want to hang on tighter, when circumstances are calling me to loosen my grip instead, and eventually let go. 

 I love this boy so much it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment